Dundas Valley is all set to begin the season on November 5. I’m excited to get back on the ice and see everyone once again. As I have explain, the league has been divided into two cohorts. With a late team withdrawal, the cohorts had to be adjusted. Cohort A will have a bye each week. Please look at the schedule to check if your team is the bye team. 2020-2021 DV Thursday Morning League FinalOn November 5, Gardiner-Dean has there bye. Team Arbic has been switched to the B cohort. Please note that Cohort A will start at 9:00 on November 5 and Cohort B will start at 12:00. The draw times will alternate each week. please make sure you know the time of your game, so that the cohorts do not mix. You also must know the ice you are playing on, so that you are able to meet in the designated area. Hammer and colour will be decided using rock, paper, scissor method before you go onto the ice.
Important Things to Know
- Rob Matheson has worked hard to keep us safe. Please read over the protocols carefully. due to the changing times, these protocols may have to be changed or adjusted.
- Arrive at the club no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your game. Go straight to the change rooms.
- There is no viewing for spectators this year.
- Masks are mandatory throughout the club except when dining.
- We will be using the dining rooms upstairs. You will be sitting with your team only and will be served from your table.
- By now you have received a tracking code from CurlON. You will need to download this to your phone or print it out as it needs to be scanned every time you enter the club.
- Please note that this year’s curling is to focus on activity and fun rather than competition. The play-offs and finals format will be worked out later.
- There will be no benches on the ice and no access to the washroom on the ice this year. Rob has installed new hooks on the ice for purses. Also there is no equipment supplied by the club this year.
- There will be no water jugs in the curling lounge, so please bring your own water bottles filled at home or from the taps in the change room.
- Outside members should have a cheque for $175 made out to DVC. Please collect the cheques in an envelop for your team and mark the envelop clearly with your team name.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I am attaching the new Cohort Lists, the schedule, and the protocols below. The highlighted names on the Cohort lists indicate outside members. Please let me know if I have this incorrect as several people have become new DVC members this season.
See you next week.