I have made up the teams for the 1st draw see attached excel file. We start Monday November 2nd 6:50 pm. You need to arrive at the club by 6:30 proceed to your Locker get dressed and proceed to your staging area sheets 1, 3 &5 are in the Bertrum Lounge and sheets 2 &4 are in the upstairs lobby. We will proceed to the ice at 6:50 pm sheet 1,3&5 first (and they will start at the away end). Then sheets 2 and 4 will enter (starting at the home end). Please print off a copy of the schedule and high-lite your team number. Then bring this document to the club and store in your locker so you know which sheet you are on each night so you can go direct to your staging area. Please remember to bring your QR code either on your smart phone or a copy so you can sign in. QR codes should be issued this week. Also you need to signed the three waiver documents that Rob sent you electronically before entering the club.
IMPORTANT – 2020-21 COVID RULE CHANGES
I really want to emphasize that this season is strictly about getting on the ice and playing the game we all love. Please make all efforts to embrace the spirit of the game and to not abuse any of the rules put in place in order to win a meaningless game that will have no impact on any of our fun.
- Masks are Required at all times (sole exception is when you are SEATED at the table enjoying a post game drink)
- Dry-Erase markers will be used to mark the score on the scoreboards. Please assign one player per sheet to handle all the scoring.
- No rescheduling games for any reason (player illness, personal scheduling conflict, etc)
- Should this result in your team forfeiting, please make all efforts to inform the Convenor and other team ASAP
- No pre-post game handshakes
- No Coin Flips – Please use Rock/Paper/Scissors in the lounge prior to going on the ice
- Rock colours and numbers (eg. Lead throwing rocks 1 and 2) must be declared prior to the start of the game
- Rocks may not be changed once the game has started (Ice Maker Rob has informed me there are no bad rocks, just bad players)
- One Sweeper Only
- Any methodology is allowed whether it be sweeping alternating shots, having one sweeper sweep everything, or sweep all in-turns or out-turns
- Alternating sweepers during a shot is CURRENTLY PERMITTED. HOWEVER sweepers must be 6 feet apart at all times. Any reports of this rule being abused and I swear to god I’ll turn this car (rule) around right now and go straight home (ban it forever).
- No sweeping behind the T-Line by any player of any team
- 1hr 55min HARD time limit for all games
- When the buzzer goes, the game is over
- Please use some level of discretion here – if the final shot of an end is being thrown, just let it finish.
If it is clear that you will not be able to play a full end prior to starting, please end the game at that point.
Please refer to the DV Curling – Standard Operating Procedures for a complete list of game-related changes.
See you all November 2nd
Monday Night Convenor